Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Incident of the tongs

I was at a bakery check-out counter. There were two customers before me, customers A and B. Customer A dropped the tongs which were used to pick up the bread. Customer B picked it up and returned it to the cashier. The cashier, to my horror, just left it on the counter and did not clean it. She then proceeded to pack customer B's bread (not with the dirty tongs). The queue at the cashier was growing longer. So along came cashier B. Cashier B picked up the dirty tongs and wanted to pack the last piece of customer B's bread in.
I shouted, "Wait a min!"
Cashier B looked at me and asked,"What's wrong?"
I stared at her, dumbfolded as she had already used the dirty tongs to pack in Customer B's bread.
Cashier B,"Is this your bread? I pack wrongly ah?"
I just shook my head.
Then, Cashier B wanted to use the dirty tongs to pack my bread.
Immediately, I said,"Er, it dropped onto the floor just now."
Cashier stared at me and packed my bread using another pair of tongs.
After I had stepped out of the bakery, I still could not believe I shouted. But why didn't customer B say anythings? He liked extra ingredients on his bread?!
I guessed everyone just mind his own business nowadays. I must have behaved like a weirdo....

2 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger penguin said...

just wanted to say hi...hee
where u doing pre-reg now?

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger sunkissfish said...

hey gal. not doin pre-reg yet. goin to do an internship with the bioprocessing technology institute under a-star. starting work on fri. very excited.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home