Thursday, July 21, 2005

eye doc=ophthalmologist

Finally seen the eye doctor after delaying it for so long.
I plucked up my courage and walked into the clinic. It says open from 7 to 9pm.
There were three clinic assistants behind the counter. (so many leh I thought to myself). I took a look at the price chart-60 bucks for first consultation. Oh well, might as well c the doctor and I don’t have to worry further.
One of the clinic assistants did an eye examination for me. Then she said that the doc was not there yet. Only be around at 7.30pm. Eh then why the sign says open from 7 to 9pm? Why make the patients wait? Ok never mind. I took a walk around the market and came back.
The doctor told me that my eyeball should not elongate further at this age (old liao!!) and the degree should have stabilized. What I perceived as worsening eyesight is that I have been strainin my eye muscles. I should learn to relax them. He said its hard to do that cos we ourselves do not even know we are straining our eyes.
After that, he mentioned to measure my real shortsightedness. So the clinic assistant put some eyedrops into my eyes and the medicine is supposed to dilate the eyes. For the pharmacist, the drug is mydriacyl containin tropicamide. My real degree is 25 and 400!!! Such a world of difference!! The doc said its fine. Not very serious. Just learn to relax the eye muscles. There are people who choose to not wear glasses and rely on monovision. Cos sth to do with the good eye and the bad eye see slightly diff things and some pple do not feel comfortable. I should always undercorrect my eyesight though. He said if I adjust to 400 my eyesight will deteriorate. This part I dun really get it……
Anyway the eye drops made my vision blur and I could not see things which are near. The doc said that my vision will be back by tomolo….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home