Sunday, June 10, 2007

the return of 22 bucks. courtesy of honest botak jones

I thought i could say goodbye to 22 bucks. but i couldnt. so i decided to try my luck in the end. for lunch, we ate at botak jones. as usual it was a long wait. there was no queue when we first walked in. however the queue built up while we were deciding what to eat. chilli fries. yum yum. i love fat fries!

N and I were almost finished with our food. then mr ng's order of cajun chicken was served. i gave the guy 50 bucks. the total bill was 28 bucks. after we were done, we left in a hurry cos had to meet my frens at ecp.

two hours of cyclin in the hot sun. really hot. sunblock sunblock. thought sotong had graduated from her sotong phase. she was showing so much potential at usurping our positions in the royal court. after a rest stop, she got onto my bike. i looked at her and she looked back at me. she was ready to ride off when i said "eh, that's my bike leh". haha. apparently sotong din hear that we were going to stop for sugar cane drink at the hawker centre and continued with her cycling. menu and i went after her but din see her in sight. was thinking she might have turned in at the jetty! at most we could meet her back at the bicycle kiosk. so we enjoyed our sugar cane drinks without sotong. sorry ah. the sugar cane stall lady said the lady packin the dirnks for us was very slow. hands like legs. bleh. she really sounded angry. we hurriedly grabbed our drinks and left. i wanted takeaway. she served the sugar cane drinks in disposable plastic cups. i thought i would get them in bags. thus we had to sit down and drink.

dinner was chilli crabs at jumbo. haven been there before. yum yum. crabs. this time round mr ng ordered some yummier food. the prawns were fresh and succulent. the yam scallop rings were cripsy and sweet. the corn crab soup that K recommended was delicious too. with lotsa vinegar that i added myself. slurp. the kang kong quite spicy. the chilli crab oso quite spicy. got sausage lips after eating. the gravy tastes so good with the buns. i wan more buns. but too full. after a satisfying meal, it was time to pay. i opened my wallet and thought to myself "why i so broke leh?". AH I DID NOT GET BACK MY CHANGE OF 22 AT BOTAK JONES! boo hoo. mr ng offered to act as gangster and accompany me to get my money back. i thought it was too much trouble on his part. so i said forget it. take it that i took taxi or wat. but i could not forget my 22 bucks. 忘不了 忘不了 .....

on the mrt i decided to go alone to botak jones. i prepared my speech mentally. do u remember me? i was here in the afternoon with two other frens. we had the con carne served as a side dish in a separate bowl.......
it was much easier. i saw the guy who served us and he immediately said that i did not take my change in the afternoon. wah so honest.

since i got back my 22 bucks, i happily went to jurong point to spend it. late night shopping. i like. in the end, i spent more than 22 bucks. i could not resist. bought minature perfumes from sasa (20% off!). i like to collect nice bottles. plus the fragrance is alrite. the promo is until end of june. can go and buy more. haha. john little having sale as well. good for ladies. undergarments cheaper. stock up. bought a top from double index too. one of my favourite shops, along with bega. and 3/4 from baleno. oso having sale. 15 bucks! ok ok i must stay away from shopping malls from now on. otherwise i will be seriously broke by the end of GSS. but then again, gst increase in july. better shop more now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home