Thursday, February 23, 2006

Happy birthday clarice!



Yup happie birthday my dear gal!
For the birthday celebration, we decided to try a new buffet restaurant, Sakura. Actually it is not new. It's the only branch in the west. All of the rest of the branches are in the east. So i did not have the chance to try this food outlet till now. The students interning at my company were there twice within two months and we telling me how value for money the place was.

I agree totally. I will give it five stars for the spread of food. International buffet. Chinese food like dim sum, fried rice, shark fin soup; japanese food like sashimi of all sorts (octopus, tuna, salmon-my fav!!, yellowtail, squid), teppanyaki; local food like satay; others like oysters (yummy! fresh!) and my favourite desserts. I love the desserts. The cheesecakes were very cheesy. I adore cheesy cheesecakes. The best one was the marble cheesecake. There were oreo cheesecake, new york cheesecake, mango cake, eclairs, konnyaku jelly. The selection of icecream was good too. 12 flavours: chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, mocha choc (the best), yam, mint choc (toothpasty), strawberry ripple, blueberry ripple, rum n raisin, mango, cookies n creme, choc chip. I tried everything except choc, strawberry n vanilla. Yay! There were plenty of fruits to choose from too: starfruit, peach, apple, orange, longan, honey dew, seacoconut etc. Pictures of some of the food:

The ebi. Takoyaki ball, oreocheesecake, marble cheesecake n blackforest.

Siewmai, oyster, mutton, mango chicken.
The food being great was good enuff for me. The price was 24 bucks for dinner. No service charge and gst. But the ambience not fantastic. Just three stars. We were sitting besides the cashier. Initially, they gave us an even worse seat. Near the entrance....We requested to shift. Thankfully.
Being photo crazy me, i decided to take some shots:


Cheesecake with coffee. So heavenly.


See how clarice enjoyed the cheesecake too. Yum.

1 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Blogger Buckies said...

i saw a Sakura buffet in the same building as the Nomoto buffet place at Somerset. Wonder if it's the same Sakura as you've mentioned...hmmmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home