Friday, September 01, 2006

Why is it different in colour?

Think it must be due to the lack of quality sleep that i did something so laughable. The stall assistants must have thought I was crazy and had a good laugh. I had a craving for ice cream and popped over to scoopz. healthy local ice-cream. they have flavours like lychee, jackfruit, durian. i tried the macha flavoured one before. it was slightly bitter. but i liked it. the serving was pretty small though.
This time i wanted to try another flavour. I took a good look at the ice-creams on display. I saw rum and raisin and pointed at the brown ice-cream. "can i try the rum and raisin?" Stall assistant A scooped a generous spoonful and passed it to me. Mmmmm. Nice and nutty. There was a hazelnut in the ice-cream (at this point i should have thought: why is there hazelnut not raisin???? which i din).
"OK. I will have a single scoop of rum and raisin." Immediately, stall assistant A turned to B and told her to get me the flavour i requested for. B disappeared into the back of the shop. I found it strange that A was not scoopin the ice-cream for me.
Soon B returned with a cone with a huge scoop of a white ice-cream. "Here you go." I stared at the ice-cream and asked why the ice-cream had a different colour from the display one. B looked at me and asked if i had ordered rum and raisin. I said yes and looked at the brown ice-cream. B followed my gaze and asked if i had wanted mocha ice-cream instead. Yikes. It then dawned on me that i had tasted hazelnut just now! Gosh. Only i would do this kind of thing. However, I wondered why A did not clarify my choice when i pointed at mocha and asked for rum and raisin.
By the way, the rum and raisin was delicious. U can taste the rum. Unlike some other brands. The raisins had imbibed the flavour of rum as well. But are rum and raisin icecreams white? I remembered eating light brown rum and raisin.
Another indication that i was truly tired was that i fell asleep on the bus and missed my stop. Luckily i only had to walk the distance of one bus stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home