Saturday, March 24, 2007

12 March part one To the lab and back

Off to the lab to meet my sup finally. finally met him in person yet. but first i must get to the lab with the set of directions he gave me. the directions looked easy to follow. However, i was still unsure as i kept on walking and not see the hospital. I should have trusted my sense of directions and kept on walking long the road. I turned back to the road junction and asked for directions. But the lady did not know where the hospital was either. In the end, i decided to walk down the stretch of road again. i was right! it was just deep in.
my sup meets with his staff the whole of mondays. so i din really get to have a super long chat with him. some stuff he told me:

1. the neighbourhood is not safe. be careful if you are going home late at night. take the bus. dun walk to the tube station. incidents of pple getting mugged. (i had walked to the hospital in the morning! so scary)

2. work smart. most of the time you can finis watever you need to do on time and get home early. it's amazing how pple work here. work smart and help fellow co-workers. you can get so much done. publish papers as well.

3. he can speak mandarin. that's totally cool. he used to stay in the eastern countries.

din do much that day. just read some papers. try to....

some fotos of wat i saw on my way back to the tube station


one side of the road

the other side

BBCmore bbc.

finally back to marble arch. Designed by John Nash in 1827 as the entrance to Buckingham palace. However it was too small and unimposing. so it was moved here in 1851.

since my roommate would not be home for dinner, i decided to shop around. this was when i got addicted to dorothy perkins. my buys:


dinner. takeaway from nandos. deco in the shop:


The packaging:
A satisfied customer.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger jon said...

yr bro and mum was here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home