Friday, July 29, 2005

dumb or wat?

This is like the nth time that I am feeling dumb since I started work. Getting deflated. When I first started, the terminology was totally foreign to me. But I overcame that by reading up. It’s ok it’s alright, try try try. That’s what I keep on telling myself.
Something happened today and made me upset. It’s all the stupid computer’s fault. My sup told me to observe how the others operate and then do accordingly. I observed. But the clicking of the computer icons was too fast. So in the end I only had a rough idea. Later, he came back and told me to do the sampling. I tried and I got stuck. He was irritated and said, “Observe means you are supposed to learn how to do it.” Oh well, he was slightly ill and mabbe multitasking (teaching another student) so he a bit kan cheong. I was speechless cos in my mind, dunno better say dunno. Not anyhow do and spoil the thing. I am not a computer expert. He thought that by showing me ie clickin on the screen while I looked and I would know. Maybe I am dumb. Like I say earlier, this is the nth time I asked myself this question: am I dumb or what?? I need more than looking. I need the written steps like those available in computer classes: first u click file, then u choose new etc. So later, he admitted he sounded harsh just now. I just said that it’s ok lor but I need written instructions. Yup wanna put this incident behind me.

1 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger luen said...

hey dear, don't get too upset. It's a bit too much to ask anyone to learn something by watching only once. Plus if it involves computers, it can be even more confusing with all the different options and whatnot. Maybe next time you can write down the steps as he shows you and ask him to slow down/repeat if you didn't get it. I'm sure you're not dumb at all... c'mon, uni grad leh! Good luck! *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home