Friday, September 02, 2005

A series of unfortunate events

I wanted to leave for work early so that I could make it back home to watch the superstar singing finals. Guess what happened? U r rite. I din manage to catch the show except for the last few minutes when Kelvin was proclaimed the winner. Sad ah. To think that I was an avid follower of the show. L
The series of unfortunate events occurred as soon as I stepped out of the house. While I was at the traffic light, I saw my shuttle bus 187 (to lakeside mrt station) leave without me cos I was on the other side of the road. Soon, I could see another 187. I thought to myself: better jaywalk then can catch the bus or I will have to wait for some time since two buses had left. So, I dashed across the road and flagged for the bus. The st***d bus uncle just drove on without stopping. @#$%^#@$ I felt so embarrassed that I hopped onto the bus 334 which was behind. Imagine running for a bus with the people at the bus stop looking at you and you did not catch it, what will you do?
When I was seated, I thought: 334 also can take me to another mrt station ie jurong east. Ok lor. Usually, it will take around twenty minutes if the road conditions are fine. I can still be early for work. Alas, things did not go as I thought. The st***d bus auntie was driving at a snail's pace. The bus was practically crawling. And today, the school kids din even have school. The road conditions were smooth. But the auntie was very very slow. I could feel my blood boiling….. Anger management. 1, 2, 3, 4 , 5, 6…..
Never mind, things will get better right? No lor. The biopolis bus just left when I was walking on the pavement towards it. It’s ok. Usually I walked to my work office anyway. Once I reached the lab, I looked for my labcoat in the cupboard. Wah, my labcoat was missing!!!! My hanger is still there, but labcoat gone! I started to panick. Cos this labcoat was signed out under my name. Calm down, calm down. Breathe. I searched through the closet again, one labcoat by one labcoat. Eventually I found my labcoat hanging on somebody else’s hanger!! It was later that I found out that the girl had borrowed my labcoat but forgot to hang it back using my hanger.
Ok, now I could begin my cell culture work. For those of you who have forgotten, I have to passage the cells every three days. This involves cell counting, changing media plus harvesting of cells for analysis, cryopreservation, facs etc if required. Initially, I thought I could finish on time since I did not need to harvest cells. Then, we decided to harvest the cells so that there will be less work on Sunday. There are currently 56 cell lines (the newly thawed ones plus those which were not contaminated). Therefore, it is a lot of work.
The work took forever. Time flew by and soon it was six. Then, 7, 8, 9 pm. I only managed to finish the work at 9.50 pm. Broke record again. The previous time was 8 plus. I had even sacrificed my lunch hour. No wonder I am gaining weight due to the irregular meal times. I had dinner at 11 plus tonite. Goodness. Hope tomolo will be a better day. Yeah, it's already morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home