Saturday, September 16, 2006

Memories 13 Sep

I revisited my secondary school today. Cos i had to get my o level certificate certified true. And had to be by the school, not any other institute. So i had to make the trip back to school. Very troublesome too.

The moment i approached the school gate, lots of emotions well up within up. Everything in school still looks the same but the people have changed. Things are not the same anymore. The tennis courts, the field, the drama theatre looks the same as before. Even the cannon ball tree in front of the school gate is just as robust. Such familarity.

I remembered standing among the students at the amphitheatre, singing the national anthem, reciting the pledge, watching performances. The scenes just unravelled before my eyes, letting me relive the times again. I remembered practising hard on the erhu with my erhu group. Preparing for concerts.

Out of curiosity, I checked out the staff board. Most of the teachers who had taught me were no longer teaching here. So i did not visit any of the teachers. Since i did not bring water bottle, I decided to grab a drink from the school canteen. The drinks stall uncle is still the same uncle. But I dont think he remembers that i was a student here before. Too many students come and go.

In the evening, I revisited my JC times. Met up with a few of my JC classmates. Three guys to be exact. I thought it was a klass outing and more people would turn up! But it was nice catching up. Had always imagined how many years down the road, old pals will meet up and be surprised at the changes. Everyone is still the same. Not much have changed. But it's strange that people remembered different events. Guess the significance is different for different people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home