Saturday, September 16, 2006

Things that happen to me when i am not very awake 14 Sep

This week had been a sleepy week. I do not know why i feel so sleepy. Cant get out of bed and continue rolling in bed till the last min. Not very mentally alert in that case. While alighting from the bus, I nearly fell on someone. The bus jerked and I slided into the gap between seats. I scraped my elbow and nearly fell on the guy sitting near the window. So embarrassing. I did not dare to look the person in the eye. Just said sorry and moved on.

I fell asleep on someone before. Usually i cant sleep on buses or trains. However, it is a totally different story when i am tired. Ever sat beside a noddin person? With head swaying vigorously from side to side? Think that is how i look. I will wake up once i hit the person's arm/shoulder. Then i will pretend nothing has happened and hope no one has noticed either.

On thur, I actually alighted at the wrong stop. I walked out of chinese garden station (my usual stop is lakeside) and turned left. I thought to myself: the rubbish bin has been moved near to the station (sometimes i throw tissue cos my nose acts up). The trees have been trimmed. The blocks of flats appear nearer. Huh?!! I had alighted at the wrong stop. Goodness. Never mind, i could take a bus from here as well. Oh, good the bus is coming. But hey, i could not get up the bus cos it was full! Then i heard a man beside me grumble about the poor bus service and may the tires go flat due to overcrowding on the bus.

Stupid bus service. The passengers have no say over the increase in transport fares. The transport companies justify their hike by saying there is an increase in fuel prices/it's been a long time since the last fare hike. But hey, they are still making profits. Can we pay less if the service is not good? We cant. We are left to the caprice of the buses. If they take ten min to arrive, it's your lucky day. If they take twenty min, it's just too bad for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home