Saturday, September 17, 2005

Are we frens?

Would you store a fren’s hp no on your hp? I thot that would definitely be yes, unless? I was exploring possibilities to this question after wat had happened today. Two parallel events took place.
This being my cell culture day, I had no time to go out to makan. Therefore, I asked a fellow colleague, XX, to buy lunch for me. She said that she was meeting someone from another lab for lunch and was not sure where they would be going. But she said she would call me.
Back at the lab downstairs where I was doing my cell culture work, CY came along.

CY: Do you have XX’s hp no?
Me: Yeah.
(I proceeded to show him the no.)
I thot it would be strange if I said no since I shared the same work area as her.

After lunch time, XX came and looked for me.

XX: I did not buy you lunch. We went to the café downstairs to eat. I did not store your hp no on my phone. You wan me to go to the food court to buy for you?
Me: (Shocked that she did not store my hp no) Er, it's ok. I will go and grab some food when I am done.

Why din she have my phone no? That was so strange. I even sms-ed her before??!! I tried to come up with a few possibilities:

The SIM and phonebook were full. No place for my no.
she accidentally deleted all her contacts.
her phone was spoilt and did not have my no. after the repair (it had happened to me before)
since she was using a borrowed phone, her fren forbade her to store new hp nos
she did not consider me a close fren.

I really hoped it’s not 5. cos I have considered her as one of my closer frens at work. Maybe I shall go and ask her why directly?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home