Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The chase and the wait

We are caught up in the chase and ended up in the wait everyday. In the mornings, I rush out of the house to chase after the bus. This morning, it was no exception. The traffic light refused to turn to the green man and I sadly watched my bus pull out of the bus stop. The two women who were with me at the traffic light had dashed across the road to catch the bus. And they made it. These days I have come to the conclusion that I should not risk my life to chase after the bus. It’s just not worth it. Can just wait for the next bus lor. If you miss a bus, there is always a next one, right?

So I waited. The bus took a long time to arrive. By then I was fuming. I get angry easily. Been learning to control my temper. When I reached the bus stop, I walked briskly towards the MRT station and took a glance at the display screen. Next train: 2 mins. Ok, better hurry. I decided to take the lift instead of the escalator in my attempt to catch the train. But as the lift door was about to close, a lady pressed the door open. Warrao. When the door was about to close again, some other people pressed the door open yet again. Needless to say, I missed the train. It was another long wait. Actually, it was just a few minutes. But when you are rushing for work, seconds may feel like an eternity….

Going to work can involve a strategy game. To run or not to run across the road; to take the lift or to take the escalator. Sadly, I made all the wrong choices today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home