Sunday, December 04, 2005

12 hour shifts

Been working almost 12 hour shifts on my cell culture days. The cells are mainly in 20 mL shake flasks (scaled up culture from my 5 mL 6-well plates). This is my busy time when i have to change media, freeze the cells, seed the cells in a higher methotrexate (selective pressure) concentration, prepare pellet for analysis work. It's quite a lot of work and can keep you occupied for the entire day. I like lab days cos time flies. I dont feel hungry when i am busy. Compared to days when i sit in front of the computer and my stomach just keep protesting. Cell culture days also provide a good workout. Running up and down the stairs. My office area is on level 4 but cell culture work is on level 3. My minimal form of exercise lately. Wanted to start running again but kept procrastinating. Rather spend my free time just not doing anything. Need a break to refresh myself. We are entitled to 10 day leave for the year. But i truly have my suspicions as to when i can use it. Cos i cant get away. Having to finish up the labwork and churn out data. And a report due in a month's time. Gotta start writing my report. Get moving, gal!

1 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger luen said...

Jiayou!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home