Sunday, June 04, 2006

PC Show

2 June. Yippee. Finally managed to get pple to go to the PC show with me. Sent out an email yesterday to the interns and none of them was interested. Then, tried asking again today and Y agreed to go with me. She wanted to buy a thumbdrive. I had a shopping list too. Modem cum router, sd card, look at pda. No $$ to buy a pda yet. Dunno wat to do with it even if i have one. Just wanted to complete my collection of IT gadgets. I own a digital cam, mp3, dvd recorder, notebook.....

Along the way, I met A in the lift. She asked if i was goin to the PC show. I nodded and invited her. Eventually she came with us as well. She was interested in getting a sony mp3 player. G joined us even though she was not buying anything. Her mum did not cook that day and she tagged along for dinner.

The PC show was crowded, as usual. Packed with budget hunters. I din bother to do a price comparison and bought the sd card at the first store i saw. Cos did not have time and the energy to check out the prices at all the stores. After which, i refused to look at sd cards at other stores. Din want myself to feel bad and cheated. Happy to find the stuff i need.

There was a lot of activity around us. The show girls promoting certain brands of goods. The promoters trying to catch your attention. Flyer distributors who stuffed the flyers into your hands. Walkable adverts-the guys who carried a huge sign on their backs advertising the current promos to entice customers over. Good marketing in action.

With our purchases, we went over to Hans for dinner. Had linguine alfredo. Not very yummy. The dessert had been changed from cake to fruit. Disappointed cos i liked their pastries, especially the peach tart. Initially, I was tempted to eat the peach tart but was too full. Always felt that Hans was value for money. Whole set with soup, coffee n dessert.

The highlight of the night was the chill-out session at cafe cartel with Y. We chatted a lot and shared some secrets. For people to get closer in a friendship, I advocate sharing some secrets. We have been doing that pretty often recently. One of the closer friends i make on the internship. Any secrets you wanna share? My ears are nearby.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home