Friday, August 05, 2005

Lunch date with the Director

I have heard scary stories about the director and the presentation sessions. You can get grilled badly. But my sup assured me that the director is very very nice to the students cos wanna entice people to do post grad studies. So I was more relaxed after hearing his words.
At exactly 12 noon, the interns all trooped upstairs for the lunch date. The plus point was that there was a free meal. Not too bad. Duck rice from science canteen, with egg and vegetables. Then, one of the interns mentioned that she did a project on microbial contamination on the food in science canteen and the duck rice stall had the most number of bacteria! Luckily, I din get a stomachache.
Yup the director was very nice to the students. Just chit-chatted on stuff like how we were coping, what we were doing etc. But was a one-to-one chit chat like an interview. I felt like I was assessed by the quality of my answers. Nerve wrecking in a way. This is the real working world! Think we are being constantly graded to see if we can fit in with the company and have the potential to contribute. Hope everything goes well and my answers were satisfactory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home