Saturday, December 17, 2005

Performance itch

I watched the performers with a sense of longing. It's been ages since I last stood on the stage and performed for an audience. For those who have been in a performing group, you will definitely understand how I feel. The days spent practicing with your group mates before honing your skills on stage. The adrenaline rush and the butterflies in your stomach. The feeling of togetherness and wanting to make the performance a success. The sense of loss after a performance. The anticipation of doing the whole process all over again.

It's a wonderful feeling when all eyes are on you. The few seconds of fame. I know my family will definitely be in the audience, rooting for me. At least, those eyes will be on me. People who will always support me. A performer’s dream come true is the moment he/she stands on stage and all the seats in the audience are filled. Let me relive that moment again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home